Hello, this post will be about what you ACTUALLY need in your dorm.
Now I know, I know, there are a lot of college dorm essentials posts and Youtube videos. But those lists change for everyone. I’m putting this post out there to give another realistic perspective.
Here’s what I believe is necessary for a typical dorm life:
- Fan – If you are in a dorm that you cannot change the temp, this is essential. I came to my dorm and its winter and very hot in the dorms. Without my fan, I would not have survived this long.
- Rug – If the dorm is hard floor especially!
- Lamp (Mini)
- Calendar – If you have any kind of important assignments, a wall calendar is extremely helpful for keeping track of those assignments
- Power Strip / Extension Cord
- Laundry Hamper
- Lanyard / I.D. Case – Now, this is not a huge essential however it is so much more convenient to have especially if you do not want to carry a whole wallet or purse around campus
- Air Freshener – Does not have to be fancy, just some dorms begin to stink after a week of living in them. Breathing okay air is a must
I want to say that those have been my main necessities, its all about preference though. I figure this list may help someone out there!
Thank you for reading and if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them!